Chennai Super Kings are arguably the strongest team in CLT20 2014. Over the years, Chennai Super Kings’ have been the most consistent team in the Indian Premier League (IPL), and the secret behind their success is- the right balance!
Chennai Super Kings are one of the favorites to the win tournament as most of their players are in great form.
• Suresh Raina batted brilliantly in the recently concluded ODI series England
• Faf du Plessis is in the form of life and he was South Africa’s best batsman in the recently concluded triangular series in Zimbabwe
• Dwayne Smith was at his brutal best in Caribbean Premier League (CPL)
• Ravindra Jadeja and Ravichandran Ashwin: MS Dhoni loves spinners in his team, and in the subcontinent conditions, the spinning duo of Jadeja and Ashwin will be a big challenge, especially for the teams outside the subcontinent.
• The experienced trio of MS Dhoni, Brendan McCullum and Dwayne Bravo
Now, the biggest challenge for the Chennai Super Kings will be to find the best combination, right from the first game. There’s always a problem of plenty when you have too many good players in your team. Here, finding the right combination becomes even more important.
After analyzing all the combinations, we have finally prepared a playing XI that we think will be the best for Chennai Super Kings for this tournament:
Faf du Plessis
MS Dhoni (c) (wk)
This team has:
• 2 spinners and one part-time spinner
• 4 fast bowlers
• Two specialist death bowlers; Dwayne Bravo and Mohit Sharma
• Variety in the bowling unit- right arm fast bowlers, left arm fast bowler, off-spinner, left arm orthodox spinner
• 3 genuine all-rounders
• 7 attacking batsmen
We believe this is the right combination for Chennai Super Kings for CLT20 2014. If you think you can make it better, do let us know by sharing your views in the comments section.