Indian cricket team’s recent record in the overseas Test matches is as horrible as Ramesh Powar’s red-sunglasses. The only difference between India’s abysmal away record in Test cricket and Ramesh Powar’s red-sunglasses is, at least you could laugh at good old Ramesh’s funny little red sunglasses.
Former Indian cricketer and a well known commentator Navjot Singh Sidhu always says, “Hope is bigger than Pope”. This is a statement that every Indian cricket fan will agree with. Over the years, Indian cricket fans have waited very patiently to see their team performing well in the overseas conditions. But, unfortunately, they have only faced disappointment.
Here are five things that Indian cricket fans should try to bring luck for their team:
1) HAWAN KARENGE! HAWAN KARENGE!
Cricket is a religion in India. From fasting on match days to painting their bodies with tri-color on match days, Indian cricket fans can do anything to support their team. The Cricket Lounge’s first suggestion to Indian cricket fans is HAWAN KARENGE! HAWAN KARENGE! Fans should organize mass-hawans before every away Test match. It will surely bring better results than just sitting and hoping for Ishant Sharma to do well.
2) REQUEST MR. N SRINIVASAN TO BULLY THE ICC AND ALLOW INDIAN CRICKETERS TO WEAR THEIR IPL JERSEYS
India’s Team Director Ravi Shastri will be at his freaking best. Gautam Gambhir will also get his form back. And MS Dhoni will have extra “India Cements” encouragement to perform better.
3) India is a land of Babas and Sadhus. A large chunk of India’s population relies on their Babas and Sadhus to guide and help them during crisis situations. We think it’s high time people of India should request their babas and Sadhus to take over and win some Test matches in England, Australia and South Africa.
4) DO DHARNAS LIKE ARVIND KEJRIWAL AND AAM AADMI PARTY
Indian cricket fans should sit on Dharnas and threaten the government to block the roads and public transport if Team India fails in overseas Test matches.
5) IF NOTHING WORKS, GO TO RAJNI
Now, you don’t need any description for this. RAJNI KNOWS IT ALL!
By The Cricket Lounge