The ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 has almost reached its halfway mark and we have already seen some spectacular catches being taken in the tournament. From Steve Smith’s close-in stunner to Jerome Taylor’s one-handed ripper, the quality of fielding, especially catching has really been high standard so far. In this post, we look at some of the best catches of the ICC World Cup 2015 (so far).
1) Aaron Finch’s stunning slip catch against Afghanistan
Aaron Finch, who was standing at first slip, took an absolute blinder off the bowling of Mitchell Johnson. Afghanistan’s batsman Mangal tried to jab one down to the third man but Aaron Finch moved very swiftly and dived full length to his right to take a brilliant catch.
2) Steven Smith’s close-in-catch against England
Steve Smith displayed lightning reflexes that would surely put David de Gea to shame. The ball was travelling at an incredible pace but Smith plucked it out of the air like it was nothing at all.
3) Dale Steyn takes a blinder running backwards to dismiss Ahmed Shahzad
Dale Steyn took a stunning catch running backwards from midwicket to dismiss Pakistan’s opener Ahmed Shahzad. Who says fast bowlers don’t dive?
4) Jerome Taylor takes a stunner to dismiss David Miller
David Miller climbed into a full ball from Andre Russell and launched it toward the long-on boundary. Jerome Taylor, who was patrolling the long-on boundary, wowed the Cricket World Cup crowd in Sydney with a stunning one-handed catch.
5) David Miller’s running catch to dismiss Dwayne Smith
David Miller ran at full sprint and timed his jump perfectly to catch West Indies’ Dwayne Smith.
6) Rilee Rossouw pulls off a one handed beauty at gully to dismiss Andri Berenger
Rilee Rossouw pulled off a one-handed stunner at gully to dismiss UAE’s Andri Berenger.
By Aniket Arora