New Zealand will face South Africa in the first semi final of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 in Auckland on Tuesday.
Here are 13 facts you need to know for this game:
1) New Zealand and South Africa have met six times in the ICC Cricket World Cup and the Black Caps have won 4 out 6 times. New Zealand defeated South Africa in the quarter final of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 at Dhaka.
2) South Africa have won three of their last four completed ODIs against New Zealand at Eden Park.
3) South Africa have won one and lost seven of the nine semi-finals they have played in all one-day international tournaments. The other was a tie, against Australia at the 1999 World Cup.
4) New Zealand’s veteran spinner, Daniel Vettori needs one more wicket to become New Zealand’s leading wicket taker in World Cup history.
5) Martin Guptill played one of the best knocks in the history of ODI cricket in the quarter final against West Indies. Guptill became the first Kiwi batsman to score a double hundred in ODI cricket and fifth overall. If Martin Guptill hits a ton in the semi final against South Africa, he will be the third Black Caps player to do so.
6) Martin Guptill has scored 498 runs in the tournament so far. Two more runs will see Guptill become the first Kiwi to score 500+ runs in a single ICC Cricket World Cup. He would become the eighth player from any nation to score 500+ runs.
7) South Africa’s leg spinner Imran Tahir has bowled more balls (404) than any other player at this tournament. Tahir and Vettori are the joint top wicket taking spinners (15 wickets) in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015.
8) Farhaan Behardien has the lowest dot ball percentage of any player (11.1%). He has scored 74 runs off the 36 balls.
9) New Zealand have a losing record at Eden Park having played 69 times – winning just 30. The group win over Australia ended a four year drought at the ground.
10) At Eden Park the two teams have met six times – each winning three games.
11) South Africa have never won a ICC Cricket World Cup semifinal – three defeats.
12) New Zealand have never won a ICC Cricket World Cup semifinal – six defeats.
13) In the 21 ODI encounters against the Black Caps in New Zealand, South Africa has won 9 and lost 9.