India’s swashbuclking batsman Rohit Sharma announced on Sunday (03-05-2015), took to micro-blogging site Twitter to share the news of his engagement. Rohit, who is also the skipper of Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League, proposed to his manager cum friend, Ritika Sajdeh (28) at the Borivali Sports Club here, the ground where he began his career.
Here, we look at some of the best pictures of Rohit Sharma and Ritika Sajdeh:
1) This selfie was taken immediately after Rohit Sharma proposed to Ritika Sajdeh. You can see a very happy Ritika flaunting her engagement ring.
2) Rohit Sharma and Ritika Sajdeh having a good time after their training session. *Love is in the air*
3) Rohit Sharma’s India teammate Yuvraj Singh treats Ritika Sajdeh as his sister. Ritika is Yuvraj’s ‘rakhi’ sister. Yuvraj was also the first guy from Team India to congratulate Rohit and Ritika on Twitter.
4) Rohit Sharma with his parents
5) Ritika Sajdeh is a dog lover. Rohit Sharma is also actively involved with PETA and he also loves dogs. Here, Ritika is posing with her dog!
6) Ritika Sajdeh having a good time with her friends!
7) Here’s a little collage of Ritika Sajdeh with her friends and Yuvraj Singh
8) Aww! Ritika’s dog sleeping with Rohit Sharma’s dogs!
9) Our best wishes are with Rohit Sharma and Ritika Sajdeh!
Rohit Sharma proposed to Ritika in the most romantic and emotional manner. He took Ritika to Borivili Sports Club on the night of 28th and popped the question as the clock struck twelve. Borivili Sports Club is the same ground where Rohit Sharma first played serious cricket. And he chose the ground because he started his successful career at the same place.
Ritika Sajdeh is also close to a few members of the Indian team, and considers Yuvraj Singh her brother. She is believed to be present at every game of Rohit and is clearly his biggest fan. With Rohit Sharma deciding to settle down, the Indian cricket team will be one bachelor less.