The Indian Premier League is the most extravagant cricket festival in the world. Almost every cricketer in the world wants to be a part of the IPL as it offers a very lucrative monetary contract and most importantly, a great cricketing experience that allows a young cricketer to share the dressing room with some of the greatest players of the game. Where Indian cricketers have the luxury of their spouses and partners travelling with the them, international stars seldom get that opportunity. Here are 30 pictures of IPL cricketers with their wives and girlfriends you must see.
1) Chennai Super Kings captain MS Dhoni with his wife Sakshi Dhoni
The first lady of Indian cricket, Sakshi Dhoni is one of the biggest supporters of Chennai Super Kings (CSK). Sakshi, who didn’t attend this year’s IPL because of their daughter, attended has attended almost every CSK match from the last 4 seasons of the Indian Premier League.
2) Royal Challengers Bangalore skipper Virat Kohli and his girlfriend Anushka Sharma
Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma are the most “talked about” couple of Indian cricket. From IPL matches to shopping malls in New Zealand, wherever these two lovebirds go, the media follows and the pictures of them walking hand-in-hand or having a romantic conversations go viral on the social media.
3) Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit Sharma and his fiance Ritika Sajdeh
Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit Sharma is the latest indian cricketer to get hitched. His fiance Ritika is always seen for his man from the Wankhede stands.
4) Rajasthan Royals all-rounder Stuart Binny and his wife Mayanti Langer
Stuart Binny’s wife Mayanti Langer is a high-profile sports anchor and she became a household name in India after her powerful performance with the mic in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015, for Star Sports. Mayanti Langer has covered two FIFA World Cups, two Euro Championships, two Cricket World Cups and one Hockey World Cup as a presenter.
5) Chennai Super Kings all-rounder Suresh Raina and his wife Priyanka
Chennai Super Kings swashbuckling batsman Suresh Raina recently got married to childhood friend Priyanka soon after Team India’s World Cup exit. We haven’t seen much of Priyanka in IPL 2015 as these two have kept a very low profile since then.
6) Chennai Super Kings’ Faf du Plessis and his wife Imari Visser
Faf du Plessis and his wife Imari is one of the most beautiful couples of the IPL. South Africa’s T20 captain and CSK’s middle-order batsman Faf du Plessis got married to his long-time girlfriend Imari Visser in November 2013.
7) Sun Risers Hyderabad skipper David Warner and his wife Candice Falzon
8) Rajasthan Royals’ opening batsman Ajinkya Rahane and his wife Radhika Dopavkar
Ajinkya Rahane married Radhika Dopavkar in September 2014. Ajinkya Rahane, who idolises Rahul Dravid, likes to keep a very low-profile and these two are never seen sharing a lovey-dovey moment.
9) Rajasthan Royals’ skipper Shane Watson and his wife Lee Furlong
Rajasthan Royals skipper Shane Watson married famous Australian sports journalist Lee Furlong in 2010.
By Aniket Arora