Do you call yourself a cricket superfan? Are you a cricket geek? Do you spend hours on the internet searching every little fact about your favourite cricketers? Well, then how many of these amazing facts do you know?
1) West Indies’ swashbuckling batsman Chris Gayle is the only batsman to hit a six off the first ball of a Test match
Chris Gayle is the only player in the history of Test cricket to hit six off the first ball. Gayle achieved this feat in a Test match against Bangladesh in 2012. Gayle smashed this historic off Sohag Gazi who was making his debut in that Test match.
2) Vinod Kambli’s Test match average is better than his childhood friend Sachin Tendulkar
Vinod Kambli played 17 Test matches and has an average of 54.20. Kambli also scored back-to-back Test tons. Tendulkar’s Test average is 53.78.
3) Little Master Sunil Gavaskar was out off the first ball of a Test match thrice in his career
Sunil Gavaskar, who is the first man to reach 10,000 run-mark in Test cricket, got out three times off the first ball of a Test.
4) Lala Amarnath is the only bowler to dismiss Don Bradman hit wicket in Test cricket
Lala Amarnath dismissed Sir Don Bradman hit-wicket in 1948 Brisbane Test.
5) India is the only country to win the 60-Over, 50-Over and 20-Over World Cup
6) Former England captain Alec Stewart was born on 8-4-63 and he scored 8463 Test runs
7) All four innings of a test on the same day
The 2000 Lord’s Test between England and West Indies saw all the four innings being played on the same day.