IPL 2017: A Twitter user named Cricket Insider(@theDcricket) stunned one and all with his accurate predictions, which he made one day before the IPL 2017 final between Rising Pune Supergiant and Mumbai Indians.
In a series of tweets, @theDcricket made some predictions and they were absolutely BANG ON! We have listed all his tweets here:
1. Here we go…
2. It is true that Mumbai Indians decided to bat first after winning the toss. But, RPS captain Steve Smith said that they were also looking to bat first in the big final.
3. Mumbai Indians’ ‘mighty’ batting unit didn’t click and they managed to score just 129 runs in their quota of 20 overs.
4. Mumbai Indians’ wicketkeeper batsman Pathiv Patel made some valuable contributions at the top of the order throughout the IPL 2017, but as predicted by @theDcricket, he failed i the final and scored just 4 runs off 6 balls.
5. The big Kieron Pollard smashed a massive six off the first ball but that turned out to be the only six he smashed in the innings. And, Mr. @theDcricket was once again SPOT ON!
6. RPS’ young opening batsman Rahul Tripathi impressed one and all with his attacking and gutsy display of batting at the top of the order. But he too fell early in the final and scored just 3 runs off 8 balls.
Kindly introduce us to your source, @theDcricket.
7. Although, many fans believe that Smith batted very slow and consumed too many balls in the middle overs, he was still the highest run scorer of the match.
8. Now, this was one hell of a prediction. Who would have imagined before the start of the match that Steve Smith’s strike rate will be below 100. However, @theDcricket wasn’t 100% correct, as Smith scored his runs at a strike rate of 102. Not too far!
9. Yet another SPOT ON prediction. No no-balls were bowled in the match by Mumbai Indians and Rising Pune Supergiant.
10. And last, but not the least, Mumbai Indians won the match in the last over and became the first team to win three IPL seasons.