Born on 22nd April 1991, Danielle Wyatt is a right-handed middle order batsman and off break bowler who made her debut for the England Women’s Team against India in Mumbai on March 1, 2010. Danielle is one of the most exciting cricketers to watch as she plays the game with a lot of flamboyance and fair.
Not long ago, Danielle Wyatt became a very popular name in India because of her tweet in which she proposed to Virat Kohli. But she is more than that ‘girl who proposed to Virat Kohli, specially with a bat in her hands. Here are some of the facts about Danielle Wyatt.
1. Wyatt plays for Staffordshire Ladies and Meir Heath Women in the Northern Premier League having moved from Gunnersbury at the end of the 2012 season. She also plays men’s club cricket for her local club Whitmore. She first represented Staffordshire aged 14 in 2005.
2. In 2010, she was awarded a MCC Young Cricketers contract which enables her cricketing development via training at the MCC on a daily basis. She is the holder of one of the first tranches of 18 ECB central contracts for women players, which were announced in April 2014.
3. Danielle Wyatt opened the innings for England in 2013 World Cup. She also played a crucial knock of 40 against the eventual finalists West Indies in England’s group match, helping her side finish 3rd overall in the competition.
4. Danielle Wyatt has played 50 ODI’s and 70 T20I’s games for England. She has taken 27 and 46 wickets respectively in her career. Her superb fielding and power hitting in domestic cricket – her strike rate in the 2015 Women’s County Championship was 136.13 – kept her in contention for an England spot and she was included in the 2016 World Twenty20 squad, batting at 6.
5. She was subsequently dropped down the order and did not find favour with the selectors in the longer formats of the game, being left out of the Test and ODI sides for the 2013 Ashes series, as well as the 2014 ODI series against India.
6. Having moved to Nottinghamshire from Staffordshire in 2013, she signed for Sussex at the start of the 2016 season.