Umesh Yadav is, arguably, the fastest bowler in India. In the last couple of years, he has worked extremely hard on his bowling and established himself as an important member of Team India’s squad in all three formats of the game.
Umesh, unlike other fast bowlers, doesn’t believe in getting engaged in verbal battles on the field with opposition batsmen. Rather, he plays the game with a big smile on his face and does all the talking with the ball.
However, this post isn’t about Umesh Yadav and his bowling. It is about his beautiful wife Tanya Wadhwa. Umesh shares a lot of his pictures with Tanya on his social networking profiles and she is very popular among his fans.
In this post, The Cricket Lounge’s Divya Chawla lists some lesser known facts about Umesh Yadav’s wife Tanya.
1) Tanya has a degree in fashioning designing. Before getting engaged to Umesh, she competed get degree and also follows it as a profession. In fact, Umesh has time and again said that she is the one who takes care of his wardrobe.
2) Tanya met Umesh during an event. At that time she was in college and was impressed with Umesh’s simplicity.
3) Tanya and Umesh dated each other for almost 4 years before getting married in 2013.
4) Tanya’s height is 4 feet and 9 inches. In an interview before the marriage, she said: “I just have a complex about the fact that he’s (Umesh Yadav) so tall and I’m very short!”
5) Tanya was born and brought up in Delhi, but she took no time in adjusting to the comparatively slow nature of Umesh’s home town, as compared to Delhi. When Tanya was asked about this adjustment this is what had to say:
“Not at all, actually. Being a metro girl, the advantage is that I’m adaptable. I have no issues settling down in Nagpur; it’s a beautiful city, and for me, it’s more important whom you’re with and not the place. But of course, I’ll miss the chatpata khaana of Dilli. Umesh, on the other hand, doesn’t like spicy food.”