The recently concluded ODI series between India and Australia was a one-sided as India outplayed Australia in all three departments of the game, in 4 out of 5 games. But, there were some good performances from both the teams.
It was mostly India’s show but some Australian cricketers stood tall and delivered good performances. Australia’s best performer of the series was Aaron Finch, despite the fact that he only played two matches.
Finch scored a brilliant hundred in the fourth ODI and it was the only game that Australia won in the series. Finch and Warner formed a brilliant partnership for the first wicket and demolished Indian bowlers at Chinnaswamy stadium in Bangalore.
But the start of the series was India’s young all rounder Hardik Pandya, who impressed one and all with his aggressive display of batting throughout the series. Pandya was promoted at number 4 in the batting order for a couple of matches and he made contributions with the bat. Pandya also took some crucial wickets with the ball and announced his arrival as India’s number 1 all-rounder.
For his brilliant show throughout the series, Hardik Pandya was awarded with man of the series award. Among the players who scored minimum 100 runs in the five-match series, Pandya tops the list of best strike-rates. Check out the list below:
1. Hardik Pandya (5 matches) scored 222 runs at a strike rate of 108.82
2. Rohit Sharma scored (5 matches) 296 runs 104.22 at a strike rate of 104.22
3. Aaron Finch scored (3 matches) 250 runs at a strike rate of 97.27
4. David Warner scored (5 matches) 245 runs at a strike rate of 93.51
5. MS Dhoni scored (5 matches) 100 runs at a strike rate of 87.71