On the first day of the auctions the two Indian batsmen, KL Rahul and Manish Pandey went for 11 crores each. It was being believed that no other Indian players will go past them in this year’s auction. But then Rajasthan Royals surprised everyone by shelling out 11.5 crores for the pacer. Before buying Unadkat for 11.5 crores the Rajasthan Royals also made a spectacular purchase in Ben Stokes for 12.5 crores.
Here are some interesting facts about the most expensive Indian player in the 2018 Auctions.
- Jaydev Unadkat’s birthplace is Porbandar which also happens to be the birthplace of Mahatma Gandhi, The Father Of The Nation.
- Jaydev Unadkat has played 7 ODIs for India. He made his ODI debut in 2013 against Zimbabwe.
- Jaydev Unadkat has played just one test match for India. He played his only test in 2010 against South Africa.
- Jaydev Unadkat has played 4 T20 Internationals for India and has bagged 4 wickets.
- Unadkat has played 47 matches in the Indian Premier League and has scalped 56 wickets.
Image Source: hindustantimes.com
- His best figures in the Indian Premier League are 25 for 6.
- Unadkat is a left-handed bowler but he bats as a right-hander.
- Jaydev Unadkat was a part of India’s Under 19 squad that played the Under 19 World Cup in 2010. Unadkat picked up 7 wickets from 4 wickets.
- Playing for the KKR he has always been a favorite of Wasim Akram. Wasim Akram always saw great potentials.
- Jaydev Unadkat topped School in both class 10th and 12th.
Featured Image Source: Hindustantimes.com