The ‘Hitman Sharma’ of the cricket world, Rohit Sharma is one of the most talked-about cricketers of India. Rohit has been one of the best batsmen in the recent past. Along with Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma has taken the onus upon himself to do the work for his team, be it any format of the game.
During his glorious career, Rohit Sharma has earned a host of cricket records to his name. Today, we bring you some of the biggest records held by Rohit Sharma that even his biggest fans wouldn’t know about them.
Here, check out some of the biggest records made by Rohit Sharma. Have a look:
1. Rohit Sharma impressed one and all when he opened the innings for India in the longest format of the game. He became the first batsman to score centuries in both the innings of his maiden Test as an opener. Rohit scored 176 and 127 runs, respectively in both the innings against South Africa in Visakhapatnam last year.
2. Rohit Sharma is the only batsman to have scored three double centuries in ODI cricket and also holds the record of the highest individual score in ODI cricket. It was in 2013 when Rohit Sharma scored his first double century against Australia (209 runs) and his second double century came in 2014 against Sri Lanka (264 runs) and his third double century came in 2017 against Sri Lanka (208 runs).
3. Rohit Sharma is the only batsman to have hit the most centuries in T20I — 4 centuries.
4. Rohit Sharma is the only batsman to have scored 5 hundred in a single edition `of an ODI World Cup. He has scored hundreds against South Africa, Pakistan, England, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka one each in World Cup 2019.
5. Rohit Sharma has smashed 13 sixes against South Africa in a single Test match last year. This is the most sixes by a batsman in a single Test match.
6. Rohit Sharma has smashed 78 sixes in international cricket in the year 2019. With this, Rohit Sharma broke his own record of 74 sixes, which he created in 2018.
7. Talking about the T20I format, Rohit Sharma has hit 127 sixes, which is the most by any batsman in this format.
8. So far, Rohit Sharma as hit 423 sixes, which is the most number of sixes by any Indian cricketer and third-most by any cricketer in the world.
9. During the ODI World Cup 2019, Rohit Sharma became the third batsman in the world to have scored most runs in a single edition of an ODI World Cup. He had scored 648 runs.
10. In 2019, Rohit Sharma scored 2442 runs in his international career, which is the most by any opening batsman in international cricket in a calendar year.