As the communique of IPL 2020 to be played behind closed doors in Dubai was declared, Indian fans were elated beyond measures and took to the social media to express their happiness.
However, in these social media posts there is always a stiff contest that continues in its subtlest form under the wraps between the best of buddies to validate one’s superiority over the other, may it be through his ken in the sport or may it be through his cricketing flair.
To enhance your IPL knowledge, a set of trivia is never too bad for you as in a very short span of time you can come to grips with interesting knowledge about this domestic extravaganza that will spare you helluva time. This is exactly why we are bringing to you a set of ten unique records about Indian Premier League that will leave you mind-blown.
1. Ishant Sharma holds the infamous record of conceding the highest number of runs in an individual match in his quota of 4 overs as he spilled 66 runs in 4 overs against Chennai Super Kings in 2013.
2. Zaheer Khan is the only cricketer to feature in the first and the 500th match of IPL. In the IPL opener he took a mighty thrashing from Brendon McCullum for Royal Challengers Bangalore while he played the 500th game in the colours of Delhi Daredevils.
3. Piyush Chawla chronicled this fascinating feat as he became the solitary bowler to bowl his first no ball in IPL after bowling a whopping 386 overs. This feat is unthinkable for even the best of the lot. His first no ball came in 2016 against Delhi Daredevils.
4. Harbhajan Singh has the highest number of dot balls to his name as he has bowler a staggering number of 1128 dots in the 12 seasons of the league.
5. Royal Challengers Bangalore holds the record of both the highest and the lowest score of IPL and the Kohli-led outfit hammered a colossal 263 against Gujrat Lions while they were also skittled out for a paltry 49 against KKR.
6. Harbhajan Singh also holds the infamous record of scoring the highest number of ducks as the numbers read a staggering 13 ducks to his name.
7. Jofra Archer’s seraphic delivery of 152.39 km/h is the fastest ball which has been bowled in the history of IPL.
8. Amit Mishra has managed to pen the record for the highest number of hattricks as he has notched up 3 hattricks in IPL.
9. Mujeeb Ur Rahman is the youngest player to feature in IPL at a tender age of just 16 years. He was also the highest paid U-19 cricketer in 2018.
10. David Warner is the man with the highest number of half-centuries in IPL. With 44 half-centuries, the Australian southpaw has left a trail of carnage wherever he went.