10 Facts About Cricket That Sound Fake But Are True: Cricket is one of the most celebrated sports around the world, especially when it comes to India, cricket is more like a religion here. Considering the huge fan following of this game, fans would know some of the facts about their favorite players and teams. However, in this article, we bring you some of the most interesting facts that will leave you surprised.
Here, in this article, we bring you 10 facts about cricket that sound fake but are true. Have a look:
1. Sachin Tendulkar has bowled more ODI deliveries than these bowling legends- Malcolm Marshal, Imran Khan, Akhtar, Dale Steyn, Klusener, Mitchell Johnson.
2. Ajit Agarkar has more Test centuries at Lord’s than Sachin Tendulkar, Sunil Gavaskar, Ricky Ponting, Brian Lara, VVS Laxman, and Jacques Kallis combined.
3. Brad Hodge has only played 6 test matches for Australia even though he had a test average of 55.88 and a high score of 203*.
4. Kenya was a Semi-Finalist in the 2003 World Cup and almost defeated India in the Semi-Finals.
5. Pakistan Bowler Mohammed Sami bowled 17 balls over against Bangladesh in the 2004 Asia Cup. The over included seven wides and four no-balls against Bangladesh.
6. Sachin Tendulkar could never score a century at Lord’s, but Ajit Agarkar has scored one.
7. Yasir shah has more centuries than the run-machine Virat Kohli in the last 1.5 years.
8. Virat Kohli took a wicket on the 0th ball of his T20I career. The only cricketer to take a wicket on the ‘zeroth’ delivery of his T20I career.
9. Tim Paine, who was bullying Ashwin doesn’t have a test century while Ashwin has 5.
10. Sachin Tendulkar has more five-wicket hauls in ODIs than Shane Warne.