Virat Kohli, the iconic Indian cricket player known for his aggressive batting style and leadership as the Captain of the Indian Cricket Team, is not just a sports sensation but a man adorned with intriguing tattoos that hold deep meanings. These tattoos, 12 in total, each tell a unique story about Kohli’s life, beliefs, and journey in the world of cricket.
Explained: Virat Kohli’s 12 Tattoos And Their Meanings:
- GOD’S EYE Tattoo
– Tattoo: The first ink adorns his left shoulder in the form of ‘God’s eye.’
– Meaning: Kohli describes it as the all-seeing eye, symbolizing the idea that everything is observed and accounted for. It connects him to the essence of life and human goals.
- Japanese Samurai Tattoo
– Tattoo: On his upper left arm, a Japanese Samurai warrior with a raised sword.
– Meaning: Kohli holds this tattoo dear, as it represents the Samurai’s code of loyalty, self-discipline, and ethical conduct, inspiring him to draw strength and practice self-control.
- 175′ Tattoo
– Tattoo: Inked on his left arm, this tattoo proudly displays his ODI cap number 175.
– Meaning: These numbers hold a special place in his heart, representing his cricketing journey and the legacy he leaves behind.
- 269′ Tattoo
– Tattoo: His upper left-hand features his Test Cap No. 269.
– Meaning: These numbers carry immense significance, as they will forever be linked to his name, leaving an indelible mark in the annals of cricket history.
- His Mother’s Name Tattoo
– Tattoo: On his upper left arm, he pays tribute to his mother with the name ‘Saroj.’
- His Father’s Name Tattoo
– Tattoo: His father’s name also adorns his left hand.
– Meaning: A token of respect and gratitude for his parents’ unwavering support throughout his life.
- Lord Shiva Tattoo
– Tattoo: A tattoo of Lord Shiva, meditating on Mount Kailash near Lake Mansarovar, graces his left forearm.
– Meaning: Virat Kohli’s deep devotion to Lord Shiva finds expression in this tattoo, symbolizing his spiritual beliefs.
- Monastery Tattoo On Shoulder
– Tattoo: On the left side of his shoulder, Kohli sports a Monastery tattoo.
– Meaning: This tattoo embodies peace and power, offering a sanctuary amidst the chaos of the world.
- Scorpio Tattoo
– Tattoo: A Scorpio zodiac sign is inked on his upper right arm.
– Meaning: Representing his astrological sign, this tattoo symbolizes his Scorpio personality traits.
- OM Tattoo on Shoulder
– Tattoo: The universal Hindu symbol, ॐ (OM), sits near the ‘God’s Eye’ tattoo on his shoulder.
– Meaning: It signifies spiritualism and the realization of his destined path, reinforcing his belief that his journey is not random.
- Tribal Tattoo
– Tattoo: Adorning his right forearm is a Tribal tattoo.
– Meaning: This symbol of aggression aligns with his fearless and competitive spirit on the cricket field.
- Dot Work Tattoo on Left Arm
– Tattoo: Created by Devendra Palav of Aliens Tattoo, this intricate design spans Kohli’s left arm.
– Meaning: This tattoo symbolizes his spiritual beliefs, emphasizing the interconnectedness of all things, the source of creation, oneness, the structure of life, and the source of all things.
Virat Kohli’s tattoos are not just ink on his skin; they are a canvas reflecting his life’s journey, his beliefs, and the traits that have made him a cricketing legend. Each tattoo carries a story, and together, they paint a picture of the man behind the cricketing icon. These tattoos are not just decorations but symbols of his identity, experiences, and the principles he holds dear, creating a tapestry that tells the tale of Virat Kohli’s remarkable life on and off the field.