An IPL XI Featuring Only Uttar Pradesh Cricketers In Mega Auction
The IPL 2022 player auction list is out with a total of 590 cricketers set to go under the hammer during the two-day mega auction that will take place on February 12 and 13. As many as 48 cricketers have listed themselves in the highest bracket of INR 2 crore. This will be the 15th …
The IPL 2022 player auction list is out with a total of 590 cricketers set to go under the hammer during the two-day mega auction that will take place on February 12 and 13. As many as 48 cricketers have listed themselves in the highest bracket of INR 2 crore.
This will be the 15th season of the IPL and some of the biggest names in world cricket will be up for grabs at the auction table. Of the players set to be auctioned, a total of 370 are Indian players and 220 overseas.
Indian players from different parts of the country are wishing for a lucrative IPL contract. A major chunk of it comes from one state – Uttar Pradesh. As many as 26 cricketers in the mega-auction are from Uttar Pradesh including IPL winners such as Suresh Raina and Bhuvneshwar Kumar, both placed in the 2 crore category.
There is a complete XI that can be formed with just UP players. Their base price ranges from Rs 2 crore to 20 lakhs.
One of the stars of the 2012 under-19 World Cup win, Akshdeep Nath hasn’t been able to get his IPL career going. He has been at Gujarat Lions, Kings XI Punjab, and last with RCB in 2019 and was unsold in the last two auctions. Priyam Garg was impressive at SRH in the last two seasons and is expected to fetch handsome bids in the mega-auction.
After spending his entire career at Chennai Super Kings, Suresh Raina was released ahead of the mega-auction with a poor form last season where he was replaced in the eleven ahead of the playoffs. Raina goes back in the auction pool at a price of 2 crore.
Rinku Singh was with KKR since 2018 and has played ten matches for the franchise since, scoring 77 runs at an average of 11 and strike rate of 101.31 He missed last season due to a knee injury.
Saurabh Kumar is a senior batsman in UP’s domestic sides while Aryan Juyal is the young wicket-keeper for the state. Saurabh Kumar has experience of 46 first-class games while Juyal is a teenage prodigy. Both are looking for IPL contracts in the mega-auction.
So will be senior India players Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Kuldeep Yadav after struggling with form and injuries for the past couple of years.
Three fast bowlers – Shivam Mavi, Ankit Rajpoot, and Kartik Tyagi – will fetch heavy bids for them after being largely impressive last season. Rajpoot and Tyagi have in fact been called up to the India team as net bowlers over the last year.
Here’s the Uttar Pradesh XI at the IPL 2022 mega-auction:
- Akshdeep Nath (28 years): 20 lakhs
- Priyam Garg (21 Years): 20 lakhs
- Suresh Raina (35 Years): 2 crores
- Rinku Singh (24 years): 20 lakhs
- Saurabh Kumar (28 years): 20 lakhs
- Aryan Juyal (wk)(20 years): 20 lakhs
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar (32 years): 2 crores
- Kuldeep Yadav (27 years old): 1 crore
- Shivam Mavi (23 years old): 40 lakhs
- Ankit Rajpoot (28 Years): 20 lakhs
- Kartik Tyagi (21 Years): 20 lakh
Apart from the above eleven, there are 15 more players from Uttar Pradesh who have signed up for the IPL 2022 mega-auction.
- Mohsin Khan (23 years old): 20 lakhs
- Yash Dayal (24 years): 20 lakhs
- Vasu Vats (19 years): 20 lakhs
- Sameer Rizvi (18 years): 20 lakhs
- Dhruv Jurel (21 Years): 20 lakhs
- Sandeep Kumar Tomar (wk) (23 Years): 20 lakhs
- Zeeshan Ansari (22 Years): 20 lakhs
- Jashmer Dhakhar (23 Years): 20 Lakhs
- Amit Mishra (30 years): 20 lakhs
- Karan Sharma (23 Years): 20 lakhs
- Mohit Jangra (22 years): 20 lakhs
- Aaqib Khan (18 years): 20 lakhs
- Shivam Sharma (26 years old): 20 lakhs
- Poornak Tyagi (21 Years): 20 lakhs
- Yashovardhan Singh (19 years): 20 lakhs