6 Lesser Known Facts About South Africa’s Latest Sensation Heinrich Klaasen
Heinrich Klaasen is perhaps one of the best finds of South Africa in recent years and we have every reason to believe so. Cricket South Africa perhaps had no clue that Faf Du Plessis’ replacement would do such wonders. The man of the match of the last T20, Heinrich Klaasen feels its a dream come …
Heinrich Klaasen is perhaps one of the best finds of South Africa in recent years and we have every reason to believe so. Cricket South Africa perhaps had no clue that Faf Du Plessis’ replacement would do such wonders. The man of the match of the last T20, Heinrich Klaasen feels its a dream come true for the young lad.
Image Source: Twitter
His fireworks in the second T20I saw South Africa winning the game with ease and he has shown that he is a big hitter who can send the ball into the orbit. In his knock of 69 runs in the last ODI, Klaasen hit 7 mammoth sixes and showed what he is capable of.
Here Are Some Lesser Known Facts About Heinrich Klaasen
- Heinrich Klaasen was born in Pretoria, South Africa on July 30, 1991. The 26-year-old wicketkeeper-batsman has taken the world by storm with his explosive batting.
2. One’s Injury Is Other’s Opportunity’ and that is exactly what happened with Klaasen. Klaasen was added to South Africa’s ODI squad to play against India as Faf Du Plessis got ruled out. Klaasen was called in as a replacement for Faf Du Plessis.
Image Source: Indianexpress.com
3. Heinrich Klaasen made his ODI debut against India in the recently concluded ODI series which South Africa lost miserably. His dream ODI debut came on February 7, 2018.
4. The Debut That Was Not To Be: Heinrich Klaasen was named in South Africa’s test squad in February 2017 to play against New Zealand but he did not get a game.
5. Equivalent Of Dhoni: South Africa’s national cricket academy’s coach, Shukri Conrad calls him the equivalent of MS Dhoni given his calmness. The coach often used to say that Heinrich Klaasen remains very calm in the situation and is the “poor man’s MS Dhoni.”
Image Source: cricketcountry.com
6. What Did Klaasen say when he was asked if Quinton De Kock should worry about his place now?
Klaasen was asked if Quinton De Kock should be worried about his place after Klaasen’s performance. Here is what he said
“I think he is a world-class player. And our change room definitely misses him. Especially top of the order. I don’t think he has anything to worry about yet.”
Image Source: Zeenews.India.com