India’s wormen cricket team’s star Smriti Mandhana has impressed one and all with her outstanding display of batting in the ongoing ICC Women’s World Cup 2017. Mandhana is the leading run-scorer of the tournament, with a 90 and a century in the first two matches. Smriti has also become a star among Indian cricket fans because of his incredibly cute looks. People of the internet are saying that she is a perfect example of ‘beauty with brains’. After India’s second match of the ongoing ICC Women’s World Cup,
1. Smriti Mandhana was born in Mumbai, but her parents shifted to Sangli when she was just 2 years of age
2. Smriti Mandhana’s father takes care of her cricket related requirements and her mother takes care of her diet.
3. In 2013, Smriti Mandhana scored an unbeaten 224 off 150 balls in the West Zone Under-19 Tournament. It is said to be the greatest knock ever in the history of the tournament.
4. Smriti Mandhana made her Test debut in 2014 vs Australia. It wasn’t the best of debut as she could manage to score just 21 runs off 55 balls.
5. Smriti Mandhana’s talent was identified by Women’s Big Bash League and Brisbane Heat signed her for a one year deal in 2016.
6. Smriti Mandhana’s maiden international hundred came against Australia in an ODI in 2016. It was a knock of the highest order. Smriti exhibited great skills and patience in that knock.
7. Smriti Mandhana is just 21 years old and has all the time in the world to work hard and develop herself into a better player.