9 Records Of Virat Kohli In T20 World Cups That Prove He Is The Greatest Batsman In T20 WC
Hailed as arguably the greatest all-format batsman, Virat Kohli turns his beast mode on in the T20 World Cups.
The former India captain is a two-time Man of the Tournament award winner in T20 WC - the only player with such a claim - and is the second-highest run-scorer in the tournament's history, and will probably become the top-scorer by the end of the ongoing T20 World Cup 2022 in Australia.
Here are 9 records of Virat Kohli that prove that he’s the greatest batsman in T20 World Cup history:
1. Most Fifties In T20 World Cup – 12
The fifties: 12
2. Top-scorer among Indians and 2nd overall with 989 runs at an average of 89. Only Mahela Jayawardene has more, 1016 runs at 39 in 31 innings.
3. Most Unbeaten innings in run-chases – 8 Not Outs in 10 run chases
4. Highest Average In T20 World Cups – Average 89
5. With a cut-off of 500 runs, Kohli’s strike rate in the T20 WC of 132 is the highest among Indians, and 9th overall.
6. Most runs while chasing in Men’s T20 World Cup: Virat Kohli – 541 runs in 10 inns at an insane average of 270!
7. Most Fifties In Run Chase – 7 Fifties In 9 Successful Chases out of 10 innings
8. The Highest Average In T20 WC While Chasing – Average 270
9. Best Average & Strike Rate Against Opponent In T20 WC
Virat Kohli Against Pakistan In T20 WC
Strike Rate: 132
The innings against Pakistan - 82* off 53 balls- Kohli himself said was his best knock in the format.
"Till today I have always said Mohali was my best innings, against Australia: I got 82 off 52 (51). Today I got 82 off 53. So they are exactly the same innings, but I think today I will count this one higher because of the magnitude of the game and what the situation was," Kohli said.