1) Navjot Singh Sidhu is the only batsman to score 4 consecutive fifties in his first 4 One Day International (ODI) innings; Australia (73), New Zealand (75), Australia (51) and Zimbabwe (55).
2) Probir Sen is the only wicketkeeper to stump Don Bradman in First-Class cricket. Sen stumped the great Sir Don Bradman off the Vinoo Mankad’s bowling in 1948 at the Adelaide oval.
3) Nilesh Kulkarni is the only Indian bowler to take a wicket off his first ball in Test cricket.
4) India’s star batsman Virat Kohli is the only bowler to have got the wicket off the 0th ball of his T20I career.
Virat Kohli dismissed Kevin Pietersen off his very first delivery in T20 Internationals at Manchester in 2011. MS Dhoni stumped Pietersen off a wide and hence it wasn’t a legitimate delivery.
5) VVS Laxman is the only Indian player to play 100 Test matches without playing a World Cup game.
6) Irfan Pathan has most ODI wickets without playing a World Cup.
Irfan Pathan has 173 ODI wickets which is the highest wickets for a bowler who has not played a single World Cup game.
7) Irfan Pathan is the only bowler to pick up a hat-trick in the first over of a Test match.
Irfan Pathan became the only bowler to pick up a hat-trick in the first over of a Test match when dismissed Salman Butt, Younis Khan and Mohammad Yusuf at National Stadium, Karachi in 2006. Pathan also became the second Indian to take a hat-trick in Test cricket.
8) Ishant Sharma is responsible for all the three highest scores made by a batsman against India in the 21st century.
Ishant dropped Alastair Cook (Edgbaston 2011) – Cook scores 294
Ishant dropped Michael Clarke (Sydney 2012) – Clarke scores 329*
Ishant dropped Brendon McCullum (Wellington 2014)– He scores 302
9) On 12th January 1964, Indian spinner Bapu Nadkarni bowled 21 consecutive maiden overs vs England at Chennai.
21 consecutive maidens! If Bapu had made his debut after 2005, he would surely be the most costliest IPL player.
10) Saurav Ganguly is the only player to win four consecutive Man of the Match awards in ODIs.
11) Sachin Tendulkar got out for a duck only once in his Ranji career. Bhuvaneshwar Kumar was the bowler who dismissed him in that match.