The last few years has seen a surge in numbers of sports betting sites and sportsbooks, featuring cricket. बोनसकोड.com is one of the sites that continues to grow in popularity, offering a wide range of sports betting options, and cricket betting is easily one of the most popular among these offerings.
First things first. Of course you want to make sure that the site is verified. Go ahead and check on online reviews to get some insights on the kind of experience you can look forward to when you get on the site.
Once that’s out of the way, then the next thing you’ll want to focus on is developing a proper betting strategy. Here are some helpful pointers worth exploring
- Research Likely Conditions
Like any other game, cricket has its own elaborate set of rules, which you will want to familiarize with before you even place your first bet. Keep in mind also that there is more to the game of cricket than just skill and tactic. How a match plays out will also depend on the condition of the game, and, of course, on the strategy each team employs.
Research on earlier sports matches of both teams, be it against each other or against other teams. Read on as much statistics about former matches as there is.
It may not seem like much of a big deal, but you will also want to find out about the weather conditions expected on match day. Read on the weather forecasts. England, for example, does quite well even in rainy weather, perhaps because they are used to that kind of weather at home. Other teams have been known not to have much success when the weather wasn’t favourable.
- Research on Ground History and Pitch
Your cricket betting strategy should include some research on the pitch and wicket type of the stadium in which the game will be played. No two pitches are the same, and there is no denying the fact that the pitch can have such a profound impact on the statistics of the game.
With some pitches, you can expect slow match playing, which essentially makes it quite easy for the batsmen of either team to score some more. Some pitches will make it easier for the swing bowler. Some pitches can be quite hard and dry, which is a plus for spin bowlers. Flat pitches, almost always increase the chances of a match ending in a tie. These pitches contribute to drawing the games for such a long time.
As outlined, the impact of ground and pitch layout is undeniable. Read on the history of the stadium, and any analysis of the grounds.
- Research on Player and Team Forms
Check out the form of the teams playing against each other, and narrow down to the individual players. Go through the last few games and find out how well the team or a player has previously played before you can place your bet on the team.
Go further and research on what kind of pitches affect a player’s form and play.As already highlighted, the ground and pitch can affect a lot, so you want to see how well a player or team performed the last few times they played on the pitch in which they’ll be playing before you place your bet.
Your Cricket Bet Options
You have several options for placing your bet
- Match Betting-Choose that a team will win the game, lose the match, or that the match will end up in a tie or draw. Match betting is quite straightforward, but you need to do a lot of research about player forms, ground and pitch and more factors that may influence the result.
- Completed Match-This bet is a good pick even for newbies who have no real understanding of what goes into a cricket match. You will be placing a bet on whether the cricket match will be completed within a particular day or not. For this bet, you will want to focus on the weather forecast.
- Tied Match-As the name suggests, this bet is essentially about whether or not the cricket match will end in a tie or draw.
- Top Bowler/Batsman-Place your bet on who will come out top bowler or batsman , be it for a particular match, series or even the championship.
- Team of Top Bowler/Batsman– predict and place your bet on which team you think the top bowler or batsman will come from.
- Tournament Winner-for this bet, you will be predicting the outright winner of the tournament , as opposed to just one match.
Research is everything with sports betting. That said, you can easily get away with basic research for some bets such as the completed match. With others, however, your research will need to be quite comprehensive, to increase your odds of a win.