Smriti Mandhana is one of the most talented and loved batters of the Indian cricket team. She made her debut at the age of 16 and she hasn’t looked back ever since then. She has represented Team India in 4 Tests, 78 ODIs and 119 T20Is.
Though, she became famous for her ‘national crush’ tag in the country because of her gorgeous looks, Smriti has notched some special records and won many awards in her career so far. Here, in this article, we bring you some of the stellar records and achievements of Smriti Mandhana.
Check out some records and achievements of Smriti Mandhana:
- Smriti Mandhana made her international debut at the age of just 16 in a game against Bangladesh in 2013.
- Mandhana became the 3rd quickest Indian to score 1000 runs in the T20I format. She was also the 10th fastest batter in women’s cricket history to achieve this feat. She took just 49 innings to break the 1000-run mark.
- In February 2019, Mandhana broke the record for the fastest half-century by an Indian batter in the T20I format. She smashed her half-century against New Zealand in just 24 balls.
- Mandhana became the first player in the history of One Day International to score 10 consecutive half-centuries or more while chasing.
- She has won the ICC Women’s Cricketer Of The Year Award twice – in 2018 and 2021.
- Smriti also smashed a half-century on her Test debut in India’s historic Test victory over England.
- In a Test game against England in 2021, Smriti put up a solid partnership of 167 runs with Shafali Verma, the fourth-highest collaboration in women’s Test cricket history.
- Smriti Mandhana was also named the ICC’s ODI Player Of The Year in 2018 after scoring the highest points in the calendar year.